We are delighted to invite you to attend our 2nd Parents and Carers event, where we will explore the key choices your young person will be making for their educational journey and how you can support this. There will be three interactive sessions, each an hour in length, as listed below. You can join the whole event if it is relevant to you or just join for the parts that are. Led by our Outreach & Recruitment team there will be plenty of time to ask any questions during each session. This virtual event will be held via our webinar platform - Book your place here.
Year group Session details
17.30 - 18.30
Presenter: Farhana Begum
An overview of the benefits of studying in Higher Education (HE):
· The varied pathways available to learners when thinking about what course and route to take
· Student finance overview
18.30 - 19.30
Presenter: Thomas Whitford –Bartle
An introduction to the benefits of higher education:
· UCAS, the application process with tips on supporting your young person
· Student finance · Planning ahead
· Personal statements and building experience as evidence
· Making the most of open days (i.e. what to ask? What to research?)
· Student Ambassadors talk about parental support (e.g. how to support your young person make the right choices in their journey to university).
19.30 - 20.30 Presenter: Paula Hatcliffe
Supporting your young person in their transition to university:
· What support is available for new students?
· Plan B – clearing, extra, adjustment, interview preparation and research
· Foundation Years · Accommodation
· Student Ambassadors talk about their experience of university life and how their parents supported them – what was helpful and what wasn’t! -Their experience of transitioning to university; pitfalls, top tips and pandemics!
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Farhana Begum at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Book your place on this event now
Immanuel College is a mixed Church of England secondary school and sixth form located in the City of Bradford, West Yorkshire, England